What does self-care mean to you? Taking time for self-care can be anything that nurtures and refuels you at a deep level.
Self-care is multi-faceted. Examples include:
• Physical body: getting quality sleep, maintaing a healthy diet, getting adequate exercise
• Emotional and mental state: laughter, crying, love, engaging in morning and/or evening routines
• Spiritual beliefs: taking nature walks, spending time in meditation and/or prayer, doing yoga
• Relationship to self: journaling, cooking, having alone time
• Relationship to others: dating, spending time with friends and/or children, vacationing
• Work: setting boundaries or goals, taking time off, learning a new skill
Take time each week to check in with yourself.
The KEY is to identify which areas of your life need attention and engage in activities that support you on a regular basis. You’ll find that it will have positive effects on both your personal and professional success.